A lovely light meal to treat the tastebuds, this fresh and tasty coconut chicken soup can be ready in just 25 minutes!
The ingredient of Coconut chicken soup
- 5 cups salt-reduced chicken stock
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 1.5 cm piece fresh ginger, sliced
- 1 small red chilli, halved lengthways, seeded, plus extra slices (optional), to serve
- 125g rice vermicelli noodles
- 400g Coles RSPCA approved chicken breast fillet, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch pak choy, stems separated, rinsed, sliced lengthways into strips
- 2 limes, halved, to serve
- Fish sauce (optional), to serve
The instruction how to make Coconut chicken soup
- Combine stock, coconut milk, ginger and chilli in a saucepan. Partially cover and bring to a simmer over medium-low heat. Simmer for 5 minutes. Remove ginger and chilli with a slotted spoon and discard.
- Meanwhile, place noodles in a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Stand for 5 minutes, then drain well.
- Add chicken to the soup and bring back to a simmer. Cook, uncovered, for 3 minutes. Add pak choy and cook for 1-2 minutes or until just tender.
- Divide noodles among bowls. Ladle over soup. Serve with extra chilli, lime and fish sauce.
Nutritions of Coconut chicken soupfatContent: