This simple soup takes just 20 minutes to make - perfect for a speedy midweek dinner.
The ingredient of Italian egg-drop soup
- 2 litres Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 375g packet veal tortellini
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup finely grated parmesan, plus extra to serve
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, plus extra to serve
- 1 1/2 cups finely shredded savoy cabbage
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
The instruction how to make Italian egg-drop soup
- Bring stock and nutmeg to the boil in a large saucepan over high heat. Add pasta. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until almost tender.
- Meanwhile, whisk eggs, parmesan and parsley in a medium jug. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add cabbage to soup. Reduce heat to low. While stirring the soup constantly, slowly pour in egg mixture. Cook for 1 minute or until egg just sets. Stir in lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve soup topped with extra parmesan and parsley.
Nutritions of Italian egg-drop soupcalories: 449.32 calories
calories: 16.4 grams fat
calories: 6.2 grams saturated fat
calories: 46.8 grams carbohydrates
calories: 24.8 grams protein
calories: 250 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 2881 milligrams sodium