This hearty meatball soup is a great option with leftover potential, whether it be for your work lunchbox or the freezer.
The ingredient of Meatball, vegetable & couscous soup
- 550g pork and veal mince
- 1/3 cup parmesan, shredded
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 egg, lightly whisked
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 zucchini, finely chopped
- 1 celery stick, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 x 400g cans Italian diced tomatoes
- 4 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1/3 cup couscous
- Extra shredded parmesan, to serve
- Chargrilled Italian crusty bread, to serve
The instruction how to make Meatball, vegetable & couscous soup
- Combine mince, parmesan, parsley, oregano and egg in a large bowl. Season. Mix well. Roll tablespoonfuls of mixture into balls. Place on a large plate. Heat half the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Cook meatballs, in two batches, turning occasionally, until well browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Heat remaining oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook onion, zucchini, celery and garlic, stirring, for 5-8 minutes or until soft. Add the tomato and stock. Increase heat and bring to the boil. Reduce heat. Add meatballs. Simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in couscous. Set aside until the couscous is tender.
- Ladle into serving bowls. Sprinkle with parmesan and serve with bread.
Nutritions of Meatball, vegetable & couscous soupfatContent: